We're The Most Experienced and The Only Award Winning Surf School In The Port Macquarie Area
The surf never stops, and neither does Port Macquarie Surf School. We run surf lessons 7 days a week - all year round and we are a Surfing Australia accredited surf school. Port Macquarie Surf School caters for all levels, from keen beginners through to intermediate and high performance surfers. We provide all the equipment you’ll need including safe softboards, wetsuits and rash-vests.
In our surf lessons you’ll learn surf safety, surf awareness and the all important surf etiquette. Port Macquarie Surf School's success comes through our commitment in maintaining the highest quality coaching while providing an enjoyable experience to all participants. We pride ourselves on providing personalised service within flexible programs that meet your needs.
Port Macquarie Surf School is determined to share the ultimate pleasure of surfing with you. Give us a try and you’ll find out that learning to surf with us is the most fun you will have in the water.
What makes us the best Surf School in the Port Macquarie Area?
- We are a family business. Our family have been surfing in Port Macquarie since the 1930's. This is our life and we love sharing the joy of surfing. If that sounds cheesy, then let us teach you how to surf so you’ll soon know what we mean.
- Our family was awarded the "Surfers Of The Century" at the Port Macquarie-Hastings 100 Years of Surfing (1912-2012) Awards as well as taking out the prestigious 2012 Commonwealth Bank Greater Port Macquarie Business Awards for the Childcare, Education and Training section.
- We are a licensed Surfing Australia (SA) Surf School. SA has been the national governing body for surfing in Australia since 1963. SA is a non-profit organisation, which keeps a close eye on the safety and quality of coaching in its schools. Any Surf School that doesn’t display the Surfing Australia logo has not passed the high standards SA requires.
- We are the Port Macquarie/Hastings longest established surf school and have been coaching surfers in the area since 1981. That means we have the years of experience needed to teach all levels of ability and ages. We take our Duty of Care for all our students very seriously and all our coaches are local surfers who know our beaches and waves better than anyone.
- We have a “hands on” approach to teaching. You’ll have us in the water with you through the entire surf lesson – not shouting at you from the beach!
- We are committed to seeing you constantly improve your surf skills by setting new challenges in every lesson.
- We keep you warm in wetsuits (if you need one).
- We upgrade our equipment regularly.
- We aim to ensure personalised attention with a 1 to 5 “coach to student” ratio.
- We’re versatile and flexible. Port Macquarie Surf School can cater for all groups including families, women’s, corporate, hens and bucks days, school sporting programs and school excusions.
- We’re here to help you realise that you don’t have to be young to enjoy this great Aussie experience. We’re more than happy to cater for all ages.
- We hold lessons at all beaches in the area including Town Beach, Flynns Beach, Shelly Beach, Lighthouse Beach, Lake Cathie and Rainbow Beach - Bonny Hills. Whichever beach has the best conditions on the day - we will be there.
- All our staff are trained by Surfing Australia’s and Australian Sports Commissions Level 1 and 2 Accreditation Program and are trained in rescue techniques, First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation as well as undergoing Working With Children Checks.
- All our programs are run in conjunction with Surfing Australia’s Safe Surfing Program and the NSW Education Department Risk Assessment guidelines. Port Macquarie Surf School programs are the only surf school in the area endorsed by the Australian Sports Commission.